Norelco Cabinets is a locally owned and operated cabinet manufacturing company celebrating our 50th Anniversary! We are seeking to hire a new Purchasing Supervisor to our team!
The role of Purchasing Supervisor is an integral part of Norelco Cabinets.
The Leadership responsibilities of this role includes:
- Create and maintain a healthy, high-performing Purchasing Department, supporting employees in performance management, team engagement, and growth opportunities
- Work alongside, and meet regularly with teams for coaching, direction, and development.
- Maintain results focus and regularly review results against goals with the team.
- Ensure each employee has and achieves personal key activity metrics defined
- Recruitment - Initiating and performing interviews and participating in the hiring process including on- boarding and ongoing training
- Communicate effectively to provide clear and timely direction to the team and enhance communication with other departments, employees, vendors, and customers
- Role model and encourage a solution-based environment, be receptive to suggestions and feedback while maintaining a calm, professional and positive attitude in all interactions
- Promote positive environment for all Norelco employees.
The Supervisor responsibilities of this role includes overseeing participating in day-to-day department tasks such as:
- Plan, organize, supervise, and direct day-to-day department operations to achieve maximum performance and efficiency with optimal profits.
- Develop, implement, and maintain tracking systems to improve process, efficiencies and productivity standards, performance targets and actual obtainment to goal.
- Collect and analyze data for the purposes of measurement and improvements.
- Report on the results of work being performed.
- Ensure department tasks are completed in the appropriate timely manner
- Implement continuous improvements initiatives to scheduling and customer service procedures.
- Directing and participating in daily workflow in the department:
-Verifies purchase requirements on incoming workorders
-Verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
-Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; communicating with sales and design regarding price and delivery
-Forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
-Verifies pricing and other discrepancies between supplier invoice and purchase orders, correcting discrepancies as required.
-Constant learning and expanding usage of the purchasing and materials management system.
-Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
-Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
-Look for ways to reduce costs to the company, such as evaluating costs of purchasing from various suppliers to arrive at the best deal
-Sourcing and procuring material, parts, and services to meet customer timelines.
-Assist in development and implementation of new inventory processes and master list to be determined based on Insight implementation.
-Work with production to establish and maintain optimal inventory levels.
-Manage inventory counts and adjustments (including discrepancy investigations) as required.
-Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions to order materials, goods, and supplies.
-Review inventories and order as required.
-Various other duties as required and assigned
- Previous purchasing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Strong administrative skills
The duties and responsibilities of this role will shift from time to time as the company and role evolves.
If you would like to apply, please see Monica for an employee application. Or if you know someone who may be interested in joining Norelco, bring their resume or they can email it to email@example.com