Join the award winning '2021 Supplier of the Year' team at Norelco!
Norelco Cabinets is a locally owned and operated cabinet manufacturing company and we are seeking to hire a new Production Supervisor to our team! The opportunity to work in our manufacturing facility means you get to be part of a team striving to continue achieving leading edge craftsmanship and award-winning cabinetry.
The responsibilities of the Production Supervisor include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, organize, oversee, and direct day-to-day plant operations
- Increase production output, capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and continuously improving quality standards.
- Allocate resources and schedules effectively to fully utilize assets and resources to produce optimal results.
- Lead Production Meetings, Daily Team Lead and Daily Department Toolbox meetings
- Oversee departmental processes and ensure they are updated and followed.
- Assess regular and overtime requirements, time off approvals, approval of regular and overtime hours within a defined timeline
- Determine, track, and report departmental findings on production efforts as required including scanning and error rate tracking
- Oversee department quality control ensuring all product and material are correct and ready for the next team- Quality Control traveler
- Oversee material count as provided by purchasing
- Participate in site visits if required
- Review paperwork for accuracy ensuring department can perform tasks and has material required
- Ensure the health and safety of all workers under direct supervision following and enforcing all WorkSafe BC and Norelco Safety policies
- Various other duties as required.
People leadership including:
- Initiating and performing interviews and participating in the hiring process
-Communicate effectively to provide clear direction to the department
- Support employees with on boarding, and ongoing training.
- Work with Manager in performance management and disciplinary actions up to and including employment termination.
- Enhance communication with other departments, employees, and customers.
- Role model and encourage a solution-based environment, be receptive to suggestions and feedback while maintaining a calm, professional and positive attitude in all interactions
- Promote positive environment for all Norelco employees.
Required and demonstrated skills include:
- Effective communication and ability to collaborate.
- Ability to strategically make decisions and solve problems.
- Foster innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to cultivate and encourage a positive environment for all employees.
- Time and priority management skills
- Departmental task knowledge
- Ability to operate equipment properly and safely
- Operational responsibilities
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please email your resume and references to email@example.com and include the job title of "Production Supervisor" in the subject line of your email. We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.