Norelco Cabinets is a locally owned and operated cabinet manufacturing company celebrating our 50th Anniversary!
We are seeking to hire a new Junior Purchaser to our team! The opportunity to work in our manufacturing facility means you get to be part of a team striving to continue achieving leading edge craftsmanship and award-winning cabinetry.
The responsibilities of the Junior Purchaser include but are not limited to the following:
- Interacting with suppliers in case of delay in delivery of supplies, receipt of damaged or incorrect quantity of goods
- Support purchasing with Vendor follow up
- Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts payable for payment
- Support purchasing stock inventory
- Processing of Packing slips
- Maintain stock of supplies for production
- Proactively source and negotiate costs and terms with shipping companies
- Organizing, scheduling, and tracking shipments using external and internal systems
- Coordinate freight logistics with a focus on US exports
- Maintain and build freight carrier relationships
Additional production responsibilities may include:
- Unpacking items off a pallet-bending and lifting (most items within 10lbs range) with exceptions up to 70lbs
- Receiving, unpacking, and organizing of incoming goods
- Occasionally operating forklift
- Review inventory and order as required
- Kitting of product for the assembly line
- Ability to work with computers and software, as well as data processing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- This individual will work closely with Purchasing and Production
- Knowledge of the cabinet industry is preferred
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please email your resume and references to email@example.com and include the job title of “Junior Purchaser” in the subject line of your email. We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.