Assistant Plant Manager
Join the award winning '2021 Supplier of the Year' team at Norelco!
Norelco Cabinets is a locally owned and operated cabinet manufacturing company and we are seeking to hire a new Assistant Plant Manager to our team! The opportunity to work in our manufacturing facility means you get to be part of a team striving to continue achieving leading edge craftsmanship and award-winning cabinetry.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Plant Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- General supervision of all phases of plant operations including safety, production, quality assurance, maintenance, receiving and shipping. Responsibilities also include training personnel along with facility/physical plant up-keep. The successful applicant will assist with the late shift and report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Manage, plan, organize and direct day-to-day plant operations to achieve maximum performance, maximum efficiency, and optimal profits with the goal of exceeding our customers' expectations of quality and delivery.
- Increase production output, capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and continuously improving quality standards. Develop systems and implement processes that optimize productivity while reducing costs, waste and non-value-added steps and handling.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems to establish, monitor and improve productivity standards, performance targets and actual obtainment to goal. Collect and analyze data for the purposes of measurement and improvement in the areas of quality, on-time delivery, attendance and performance, costs, overtime, and waste.
- Allocate resources effectively to fully utilize assets and produce optimal results.
- Provide clear direction, maintain focus, and share a trusting relationship with the workforce while being fair yet firm in enforcing clearly defined personnel expectations in attendance, performance, and attitude. Monitor operations and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Commit to determine and enforce plant safety procedures. Stay current with the latest production management practices and procedures. Work with all management, co-workers, and employees to successfully realize all the above.
- 3 years plus of experience as a Supervisor or Plant Manager in a wood-based manufacturing environment.
- Driver's License.
- Preferable experience with large furniture, fixtures, or semi-custom cabinetry an asset.
- Knowledge of wood finishing, manufacturing process flow & wood-based quality standards, and cabinet assembly
- Strong communication, organizational skills, ability to manage processes and measure results.
- Experience with quality, inventory & MRP systems
- Knowledge of cabinet manufacturing processes & equipment.
- Familiar with CNCs, panel saws, conversion varnish, stain techniques, spray equipment, dust collectors, air compressors, sanders, etc.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Familiar with Lean / JIT practices
- Familiar with AutoCAD, CAD / CAM programing
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please email your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title of 'Assistant Plant Manager' in the subject line of your email. We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.